R&D Student Product Test Engineer
Based in Chessington, we are looking for a Student Product Test Engineer to work in our Research & Development team on a year’s placement. The exact duration is open to negotiation, but nominally 10 months.
THE SYSTEMS YOU WILL BE WORKING ON
Our mixing consoles can perform complex audio processing and mixing on hundreds of simultaneous audio channels with very low latency. To do this they have very high speed audio engines implemented in hardware and firmware and controlled through a sophisticated user interface implemented using graphics, touch and a range of electromechanical controls.
The job entails audio software testing activities combined with digital mixing console usage. No prior experience of either software testing or DiGiCo mixers is required, but strong audio knowledge is desirable. Full training in console usage, audio console networking and software testing practices will be provided.
You will spend your day carrying out activities on pro-audio mixing consoles in order to test their capabilities. It will involve testing new features as they are developed, testing that existing features haven’t been broken as a result, testing fixes for known problems and reporting any problems you come across in the course of your tests.
- Have a passion for audio or music, ideally with knowledge of audio mixing consoles.
- Have an ability to understand complex systems.
- Have an inquisitive mind that can identify faults in system behaviour
- Have a meticulous attention to detail in your approach
- Have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be a competent PC user including Microsoft Excel / Word.
To apply, please forward a CV and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org