R&D Student Software Engineer
Based in Chessington, we are looking for a Student Software Engineer to work in our Research & Development team on a summer placement. The exact duration is open to negotiation but is nominally 10 weeks.
THE SYSTEMS YOU WILL BE WORKING ON
Our mixing consoles can perform complex audio processing and mixing on hundreds of simultaneous audio channels with very low latency. To do this they have very high speed audio engines implemented in hardware and firmware. There is a sophisticated user interface implemented using graphics, touch and a range of electromechanical controls; and in between is a sophisticated application which drives the console.
You will be working on one project or perhaps a succession of shorter projects under the guidance of a mentor.
Typically, this will involve:
- Taking ownership of specific development tasks under guidance from colleagues
- Participating in requirements specification and design activities involving the wider R&D team
- Testing and documenting your own work
- Researching, developing and testing solutions to specific problems
- Developing your own technical knowledge and skills
- Working with colleagues to evolve our development and test environments
YOU MUST BE:
- Structured and systematic in your approach with good attention to detail
- Able to explain and discuss complex subjects effectively through excellent verbal and written communication skills: our working language is English
- Able to work effectively in a team, sharing ideas, problem solving as a group and providing and accepting constructive peer review
- Mathematically fluent
- Interested in, and willing to learn about, audio signal processing
You should already have some software development skills, probably in at least one of the following languages: C, C++, Java, VHDL, Verilog, Python, MATLAB.
To apply, please forward a CV and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org