Apprentice PCB Design Engineer
Based in Chessington, we are looking for an Apprentice PCB Design Engineer to learn from and strengthen our existing team and to be responsible for the design of complex, bespoke PCB designs for high end audio mixing desks and associated hardware using Cadstar PCB Design software; the role will cover taking schematic designs from the design team and translating them into files that can be sent out for PCB manufacture.
- Design PCB’s from given schematics.
- Ensure all schematics tie up to the corresponding PCB’s and assist with checking and validation of schematics
- Provide manufacturing drawings and/or data to subcontractors.
- To ensure all new parts and PCB BOM’s are delivered to production correctly
- Component library shape creation
- To ensure purchasing is aware of any PCB changes
- To work with the mechanical team to ensure that PCB’s fit within the overall mechanical design, and provide where possible support for simple mechanical design activities using the Inventor CAD package
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- This is an apprentice role, and formal apprenticeship training will be provided as part of the role
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- HNC/HND in Electronics or Mechanical Engineering or related subject or equivalent industrial experience
- This is an apprenticeship role, but ideally 2 years+ in electronic or mechanical design
- Some understanding of the design theories for complex electronic circuits
- A basic understanding of the theories of digital and (ideally) analogue electronic design
- Knowledge and ideally experience with use of PCB CAD design packages
ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
- A passion to learn
- An understanding of electronic hardware and/or mechanical design process
- A desire to learn more about electronic circuit and electronic product design and development
- Able to work well and effectively with remote teams as well as individually
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good time management
- Balanced view of perfection vs. speed
- PC skills – Word, Excel, Outlook etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication
For a full Job Specification and salary range, or to forward a CV and letter of application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org